Sunday, July 5, 2009

Tools for the Care Givers Toolbox

One of the resources that I love is the free quarterly magazine care ADvantage. I still subscribe to it to keep up on Alzheimers and to marvel at what other people have accomplished. It is a free publication of the Alzheimer's Foundation of America.

When I first started caring for my mother I met a young woman in my National Guard unit who told me about "Validation Therapy" that was developed by Naomi Feil. Shortly after that I had the privilege to attend a AD conference where Naomi was the featured presenter. What an awesome experience. It truly helped me begin to fill my caregiver's toolbox.

I was pleased to learn that the website fore "care Advantage" has archived copies of past articles on Validation Therapy. The Fall 2008 edition has the article "The Validation Method at Work". I hope this resource becomes as valuable to you as it is to me.

No comments: